The TALIESIN ARTIST RESIDENCY PROGRAM is inviting experienced visual artists to engage and respond to the unique characteristics of the architectural sites of Taliesin and Taliesin West and their vibrant communities.
The Residency Program is open to visual artists living in the U.S. or abroad with a graduate-level academic background and/or a record of work within the art field, focusing on site-specific installation and contemporary works. Priority will be given to artists who respond to natural, architectural or community settings.
The Taliesin Artist Residency is based at Taliesin, in Spring Green, Wisconsin and Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona. Frank Lloyd Wright established the Taliesin Fellowship in 1932, which was based on the idea of the allied arts fostered in a community of learners that could be an alternative to the traditional university. The program developed into what we know today as Taliesin, the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture. From its origins, Taliesin has served as a living, working, educational space, forming a creative and diverse community of professional architects, artists, faculty, students and staff.
Individuals must be willing to participate inTaliesin life and actively interact with community.
Applications will be accepted once a year and reviewed by a selection committee.
- Application Form
- Brief Artist Statement
- 10 .jpg Images on CD that best represent your work (3-5 min. if submitting video/DVD or audio on CD)
- Image script with thumbnails of images (you may write a one-line description next to title only if necessary for understanding the work)
- Financial Aid Form (optional)
- Application fee $ 20 non-refundable, payable to Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation (domestic payments – money order or check; foreign payments – U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank only)
- SASE with enough postage for return of your materials
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 20th, 2014
(NOTE: This is not a postmarked deadline)
For APPLICATION FORM and more information on the Taliesin Artist Residency Program please click here> download PDF.