If your travels take you to New Mexico this holiday season, here are some wonderful events for you to consider:
- Acoma. Dec. 25-28. Dances, luminarias. Christmas festivals at San Estevan del Rey Mission, Sky City, Acoma. For information: (505) 252-1139 or (800) 747-0181.
- Laguna. 10 p.m. Christmas Eve Mass. Deer, Harvest, Arrow and other Dances after mass. Dec. 25-28 Harvest dances continue for three more days. For information: (505) 552-6654.
Information for Christmas Celebrations taking place at the Eight Northern Pueblos listed below, call (505) 843-7270 or (575) 455-3460
- Nambe. Dec. 24. Christmas Eve Mass followed by Buffalo, Deer and Antelope Dances.
- Picuris. Christmas celebrations and “Los Matachines.”
- San Felipe. Dec. 24. Dances after midnight mass.
- Ohkay Owingeh. Dec. 24, 25. Spanish dance drama “Los Matachines” and Pine Torch Procession.
- San Ildefonso. Christmas celebrations and various dances.
- Santa Ana. Dances after midnight mass.
- Santa Clara. Christmas celebrations and various dances.
- Taos. Dec. 24. Sundown Procession with bonfires. Dec. 25. Dances.
- Tesuque. Dec. 24. Dances after midnight mass.
- Zia. Dec. 25-28. Dances.